Did you know that 70% of healthcare costs are driven by behaviors?
If your employees are sleep deprived, overly stressed, eating a poor diet, and not exercising regularly, their productivity and creativity will be diminished. They’ll be absent more often. They’ll make more frequent trips to the doctor and require more medications and surgeries.
Employee’s bad lifestyle habits are costing your company’s bottom line
Chronic health conditions have become an epidemic and contribute to over 75% of healthcare spending. They result in decreased productivity and lost work days.
Let’s face it. When you don’t feel good, it’s hard to perform at your best!
These chronic conditions include:
- Heart disease
- Cognitive & mood disorders such as anxiety, depression, cognitive decline, brain fog & “ADHD”
- A wide array of autoimmune disorders such as:
- Types 2 & 3 diabetes
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Hashimoto’s thyroiditis
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, lupus, scleroderma, & acne.
Here are a few startling statistics to sink your teeth into:
It is estimated that annual spending on prescription drugs in the United States will reach $400 billion by 2020.
Employers spend between 200-300 times MORE on the indirect costs of healthcare in the form of absenteeism, sick days, and lower work productivity than they do on actual healthcare payments!
A 2011 Harvard study estimates that sleep deprivation costs US employers $63 Billion annually to lost productivity!
Here’s the good news:
If we can influence the behavior of employees by teaching better self-care and improve lifestyle habits we can have a material effect on health care costs!
This is where I come in!
I offer a 6-week group employee education program that is focused on holistic lifestyle behavior change. I call it the emPOWERed Healthy Living Transformation because it is designed to emPOWER participants with the knowledge they need to make more mindful decisions when it comes to taking care of themselves and their families, and because implementing the lifestyle habits taught and practiced during the program truly TRANSFORMS LIVES!
This 6-week program is taught virtually through weekly video calls, so your employees can be anywhere in the world and still participate! These calls are recorded, so if an employee can’t make the scheduled time, the recording link will be sent in a follow-up email.
Each week of the program I layer in new lifestyle habits to focus on and improve upon. Unlike other programs, which focus mainly on diet and/or exercise, my program is a holistic program that includes all the pillars of health that contribute to our overall well being:
- Diet/Nutrition (Ancestral/Whole Foods Approach)
- Environmental toxin awareness
- General supplementation recommendations
By educating employees and guiding them to develop improved lifestyle habits we:
- Can improve overall health & wellbeing
- Increase work productivity
- Create a culture of wellbeing in the workplace
- Decrease healthcare costs
- Prevent & reverse chronic conditions
Other Corporate Offerings:
In addition to my group programs, I offer on-site talks to local companies on a variety of topics, or one of your choosing:
- A functional approach to self-healing
- Consequences of chronic stress
- Breath work
- Dangers of sleep deprivation
- Incorporating frequent movement into your work day
- Nutrition for optimizing wellness & brain function
- Functional vs conventional approach to wellness
- Environmental toxin awareness
- Productivity Habits